Sunday, October 19, 2008

BUSY TIMES

September was a very busy month for our family.
My niece was married Oct 4.
I measured and drafted patterns for the bridesmaids
and flower girl dresses. Cut them out and then
passed them on to my mother for construction. At the
age of 87 she is still the most amazing seamstress.

The day before the wedding I still did not have
any idea what I was going to wear.....
OK, so I grabbed the pattern book and found a new
Kwik Sew dress(3633) that I really liked.
Checked out possible fabrics that
would not have to be pre-washed and got
busy cutting and sewing and by 6 pm was done.
The bodice is a polyester/lycra jersey that I
lined with tricot and the skirt is slinky.
My jacket is moleskin that I already had in
my closet. Here I am in the finished dress
and also a photo of my parents and I at the
reception and the happy newlyweds.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Anne, you have been very busy. Your outfit for the wedding looks perfect. Thanks for posting all the pictures.