Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Wishes and MORE FABRICS

I know that this is a day late, but I hope every
Mother,Grandmother,Great-Grandmother and
Soon-to-Be Mother's ALL had a wonderful day.
I enjoyed greetings from my children then concluded
the day with a leisurely drive to Dallas......
YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!

YEP, new fabrics. I unloaded over 50 bolts this evening.
Everything from soft yellow Slinky to several new
Swimsuit prints and even a chocolate brown swimsuit solid.
New geometric jersey knits that are so popular in
RTW(ready-to-wear).

Can anyone say STRIPES... more new fabrics arrived in the
store last Friday. Wonderful shirt weight cotton/lycra jersey
in the most gorgeous blend of colors. Even some for the men
in your family..... OH MY Father's Day will be here before we
know it, and the brown/blue/white/navy stripes would
make a perfect Polo/Rugby shirt. If they are not into stripes
we also have High Wicking Polyester LaCoste(pique) in silver,
navy, red and burgundy and for those that prefer cotton we
have red or kelly green in 80%cotton/ 20%polyester LaCoste
jersey knit. Photos of the fabrics coming soon!!!

Final Sew-In of the season was a great time for all.
Great food, lots of talk and even a bit of sewing....
Welcome Susan to the Needle Nook Family.... She and
I made new bras. Katie also worked on bras and pattern
drafts, Kathy had the most beautiful quilted wall hanging,
Beryl cut out garments, Dawna was playing with her new
Pfaff 2056 sewing machine, Laura and Ann did plenty
of shopping Deb worked on new pattern drafts and Grace
cut out a pair of jeans for herself from a pair that her brother
outgrew(can we say "Green" sewing).... We will all look
forward to sewing together at the next Sew-In August 9th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne, You and I spoke on the phone a week or so ago, and I have been unable to visit your shop since our visit due to crazy work schedule! But I wanted to let you know I am still inspired by your pep talk, and I can't wait to visit and begin sewing with you and your gang in the fall!! Thanks again for taking the time, you are awesome!
Jennifer